- US citizen who is 65 or older
- Permanent Resident and lived in the US for 5 years without a break
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also called Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Certain disabilities (Eligible for Medicare 24 months after entitlement for Social Security Disability Insurance-SSDI)
When can I sign up for Medicare?
3 months before your birth month, during your birth month and no later than 3 months after your birth month. 7 months in total and this is called Initial Enrollment Period/IEP.
|3 months before your 65th birthday||The month of your 65th birthday||3 months after your 65th birthday|
What Should I do if I missed my Initial Enrollment Period (IEP), Can I still apply for Medicare?
|General Enrollment Period (GEP)|
|Who||Eligible but missed IEP|
|Purpose||To apply Part A & Part B, effective on July 1st of that year.|
What are the different parts in Medicare?
How do I apply for Medicare?
Here is how to register Part A and Part B:
- Through the Social Security Administration website: SocialSecurity.gov.
- Call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213
- Visit your local Social Security office.
TransGlobal Licensed States